With the recent storms in South Australia and Victoria causing widespread damage, we're working hard to support our customers as quickly as possible.

If you need to make a claim due to storm damage, please contact us as soon as you're safe and able to do so.

Notifying us of your claim as soon as possible helps us speed up the claims process to get you back on your feet sooner.

Please remember:

  • Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
  • Never try to drive through flood-affected areas
  • For general help in floods and storms, ring the SES on 132 500

Storm cover

We cover storm damage under the following policies:

  • Home building
  • Home contents
  • Farm
  • Commercial
  • Motor vehicle
  • Motorcycle
  • Caravan

How to claim

If you're insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.

If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.

It's ok if you don't know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we'll find it for you. Alternatively, contact your intermediary if your insurance has been placed with one of our brokers.

Current warnings

For the latest information on the weather in South Australia and Victoria please listen to local radio and monitor information from the below sources.

Bureau of Meteorology

Twitter - @BOM_au 

SA State Emergency Services

Twitter - @SA_SES

South Australia Police

Twitter - @SAPoliceNews
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/

Victorian Emergency Services


Victoria State Emergency Service

132 500
For current Emergency information call the VICSES Information Line on 1300 VICSES (1300 842 737)
Twitter - @vicsesnews
Facebeook - facebook.com/vicses

Victorian Police Force

Twitter – @VictoriaPolice
Facebook - facebook.com/victoriapolice