We’re closely monitoring the situation in various parts of New South Wales, which are currently affected by bushfires.

If you need to make a claim due to fire damage, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so. We’ll check your cover and start any assessment process.

While our assessors can’t enter affected areas until emergency services declare it safe, notifying us of your claim as soon as possible helps to speed up the claims process and get you back on your feet sooner.

Please remember

  • Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
  • In an emergency dial 000.

Fire cover

We cover fire damage, including bushfire, under the following policies:

  • Home building
  • Home contents
  • Farm
  • Commercial
  • Motor vehicle
  • Motorcycle
  • Caravan

How to claim

If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.

If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, you can contact them to make your claim.

It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.

Current warnings

For the latest information on the situation in NSW please listen to local radio and monitor information from the below sources.

Emergency NSW


NSW State Emergency Service

132 500


Twitter - @NSWSES

Facebook - facebook.com/NSW.SES

NSW Rural Fire Service


Twitter - @NSWRFS

NSW Fire & Rescue


Twitter - @FRNSW

Bureau of Meteorology


Twitter - @BOM_au

NSW Police


Twitter - @nswpolice

Facebook - facebook.com/nswpoliceforce