We’re here to meet your needs. If you’re unhappy with any of our products or services please let us know as soon as possible so we can try to fix the problem.
For Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance complaints go to CTP complaints.
For Workers Compensation go to Workers Compensation complaints.
For everything else your first step is to get in touch with the team that handles your policy. You’ll find contact details on your policy documents or letters from us.
Or you can contact our Customer Care Unit directly (quoting your policy and/or claim number):
QBE Customer Care Unit
GPO Box 219
Parramatta NSW 2124
: 1300 650 503
: (02) 8227 8594
What happens next?
- Where appropriate, our Customer Care Unit (CCU) will refer your complaint to a manager in the relevant team for resolution within five business days
- If the manager can’t resolve your complaint, the CCU will review the matter – they have 10 business days to complete their review
- Should the CCU be unable to resolve your complaint, they’ll escalate it for an Internal Dispute Resolution review by a Dispute Resolution Specialist.
Our Dispute Resolution Specialist will:
- Confirm receipt of your escalated complaint by phone, email or by letter within three business days
- Review your complaint
- Update you every 10 business days on the progress of the review
- Deliver a final decision within 15 business days, providing they’ve received all the necessary information
- Make contact to discuss a new deadline if they need extra time to complete their investigations
- Advise you of the next steps if you’re unhappy with our final decision. This may include providing you with details of relevant external dispute resolution schemes such as the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for general insurance disputes. You can contact FOS by calling 1300 780 808 or visiting Financial Ombudsman Service
- If the review of your complaint has taken longer than 45 days, they’ll advise you of your right to contact FOS or another relevant external dispute scheme.
Our complaints and disputes procedures comply with the 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice.
For more on our complaints process, see our Complaints and Dispute Brochure.