CTP Insurance in South Australia

QBE will join three other private insurers in providing CTP insurance in South Australia from 1 July 2016. CTP is paid when you register your vehicle in SA and provides compensation to victims of motor accidents where the owner or driver of a South Australian registered car or vehicle is at fault. CTP provides compensation to cover reasonable treatment costs and other related expenses for other drivers, passengers, cyclists, pedestrians and road users.


QBE will use personal information submitted during registration to provide you with your CTP insurance policy. Your information will not be disclosed to any third party except where permitted or required by law. QBE is committed to ensuring the safety of your personal information and full details including how to access the information we hold about you and how to make a complaint are included in the QBE Privacy Policy.


Your CTP Insurance premium is paid as part of your vehicle registration as set by the Regulator.

You can download the 2016-17 premium schedule here

How are premiums calculated?

From 1 July 2016, the regulator will determine premiums under Section 5 of the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Regulation Act 2016 in accordance with South Australia's premium setting rules and/or guidelines.


If you intend to make a claim, you must:

  • Report your accident to the police.
  • Notify the approved CTP Insurer of the motor vehicle by completing an Accident Report Form.
    If you're not sure who that is contact the CTP Insurance Regulator for more information.
  • Complete the required forms.

Full claims information is available from the regulator.

CTP Insurance Regulator

The regulator is responsible for oversight, monitoring and reporting of the South Australian CTP insurance scheme. Further information is available from the regulator:

Additional information

Lifetime Support

The Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS) is a no fault scheme which provides necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support for people who sustain serious lifelong injuries in a crash. The Lifetime Support Authority (LSA) administers the LSS. For more information, visit www.lifetimesupport.sa.gov.au


In South Australia, the system to renew a vehicle registration is called EzyReg. For more details about your vehicle registration in South Australia visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/transport-travel-and-motoring/ezyreg

Service SA

Service SA provides convenient access to CTP and a range of other government services and information online, over the phone and at various locations throughout South Australia. For more information about these services visit service.sa.gov.au

sa.gov.au - Transport

The South Australian government website provides a one-stop-shop for all government related services and information. For details about transport, travel and motoring-related information in South Australia, visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/transport-travel-and-motoring

Motor Accident Commission (MAC)

From July 1 2016, the MAC will continue to manage its non-commercial community programs, including sponsorship of road safety research and communications aimed at safer road user behaviour. For more information about these programs and other road safety initiatives, visit mac.sa.gov.au

ISV assessments

A person who has sustained major injuries in a motor vehicle accident may be entitled to compensation, under the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance scheme. In order to assess their injuries, the Motor Accident Injury Assessment Scheme accredits general and specialist medical practitioners to undertake Injury Scale Value (ISV) Medical Assessments, which comprise of a whole person impairment assessment and the allocation of an ISV.

Download more information regarding ISV payment protocols.

Contact us

Need more help?

Call 1300 429 528    Fax 1300 059 688 Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm (ACDT) GPO Box 7037 SYDNEY NSW 2001