Our Marine cover

Our Marine insurance solutions are as varied as our customers, who include import/export businesses, truck operators, ship repairers, private yacht owners and more. Whatever your needs, our experts have the local and international expertise to design cover that works for you.

Risk management advice is part of the service. Our Marine Specialty Risks unit will help you understand the risks specific to your business, and how to protect yourself. And if things go wrong our proactive claims management will help you get back to business asap.

Our Marine insurance is available through brokers and QBE authorised representatives. They’ll ensure your cover gives you the right protection and if you need to make a claim they’ll guide you through our hassle-free claims process.

Need a broker? See our guide to finding the right broker.

Which cover is right for you?

Marine Cargo

Protection for businesses transporting goods by sea, air, rail, road, post or courier – domestically, or to and from Australia. We can cover your goods for loss or damage from collection through to delivery, leveraging our global network where needed. Our marine cargo experts can add further value by providing strategic advice on managing your risk.

Marine Liability

Specialist insurance for marina operators, yacht clubs, ship repairers and other marine service providers, including freight forwarders, port and terminal operators. Our Liability insurance offers protection against third party injury and property damage, including damage to cargo and other vessels.

Commercial Hull

Designed for businesses operating commercial vessels such as charter boats, tugs and barges. Standard policies include accidental and malicious damage, theft, crew property and personal injury cover. Optional benefits include loss of income, passenger property and injury and pollution protection.

Pleasure Craft

Protection for pleasure craft, such as private yachts. Includes accidental damage or sinking, theft, wreck removal, emergency accommodation and personal injury, plus third party injury and property damage cover. Optional benefits include cover for dinghies and tenders, yacht racing and water skiing.


Insurance for carriers transporting goods within Australia, such as truck owner-operators and fleet clients. This option covers loss or damage to goods in your care – you can tailor your policy to include extras such as refrigerated goods, theft, rain water damage and additional expenses cover.

Home Contents in Transit

Provides peace of mind when professional removalists are transporting your home contents and personal belongings, by sea, air, rail or road. Covers loss or damage to your property in transit, and up to 30 days in storage. If your property can’t be delivered on time you may be able to claim for temporary accommodation.

You might also be interested in...

Injury and Illness

Protection from the financial fallout of injuries or illness, such as loss of income and medical bills. For individuals, businesses, contractors, volunteers and more.

Read more

Workers Compensation

Essential cover for your workers, delivered by experts. We also provide specialist training and advice to help your people and business thrive.

Read more

CTP for business

Competitive Compulsory Third Party insurance for businesses across New South Wales and Queensland. We can cover everything from single vehicles through to large fleets.

Read more