New South Wales

Get a new policy

In NSW, we act as an authorised agent of icare workers insurance, who sets the premiums. From the end of February 2017, new policies can be purchased from icare workers insurance directly.

Switch to QBE

If employers are required to group and transfer their policy to QBE prior to the group's renewal date inform your client's current insurer they wish to cancel their policy before it expires. You can do this by sending them a completed QBE Policy Transfer Form. All other employer policies will transfer to icare workers insurance at renewal.

Certificate of currency

For a copy of previously issued certificates of currency contact us on 133 723. For an amended certificate fax a completed Request for Certificate of Currency Form to (02) 9375 4855.

Making a claim

To make a claim, your client needs to carry out the following steps:

  • Report notifiable injuries to icare workers insurance
  • Tell us about the injury by completing a First Contact Form or contacting their local branch. If it’s a significant injury report it within 48 hours. To benefit from a nil claims excess, report less serious injuries within five days
  • Give the worker a Workers Claim Form
  • Complete an Employers Report of Injury
  • Send the worker’s completed claim form and Certificate of Capacity to us within seven business days of receipt. A case manager will assess the claim and come back with a liability decision within seven business days.


NSW Workers Compensation reforms

To learn about the changes introduced by the New South Wales Government in 2015, go to NSW Workers Compensation reforms.


NSW Policy Kit

The New South Wales Policy Kit is an essential resource for NSW employers – it contains forms, factsheets and templates and other key documents your client needs to manage and maintain their policy.


Access the NSW Policy Kit.

Contact us

Need more help?

Downloads for this product