Taking out a policy - Employers - VIC - Workers Compensation Insurance | QBE Insurance Australia
PrintIncrease text sizeDecrease text size

Taking Out A Policy

Workers Compensation Insurance

How to obtain cover

Taking out a WorkSafe Injury Insurance policy with QBE is simple. Choose from one of the following options:

  • Complete an online Application for WorkSafe Insurance Policy or
  • Download an Application for WorkSafe Injury Insurance Policy form and complete all fields accurately. Return completed forms to your authorised intermediary or QBE direct by mail to:

    QBE Workers Compensation
    Premium Division
    Level 2, 628 Bourke Street
    Melbourne VIC 3001

    or fax to

    (Claims) 1300 793 521
    (Premium) 1300 793 524

    If you have any questions or require assistance in completing this application form, please contact us on (03) 9246 2444.

Transferring your business to QBE

To transfer your workers compensation insurance policy to QBE, download a WorkSafe Employer Transfer form, complete all fields and return to QBE.

Obtaining a cover note

If you are setting up a new business and require WorkSafe Insurance, you can obtain a cover note by contacting us on (03) 9246 2444.

For a cover note to be valid, QBE must receive your application for a WorkSafe policy within 30 days of when you requested the cover note. Your policy will be effective from the date you requested the cover note. Make sure you keep a record of when you applied for the cover note and when you applied for the policy.

Certificates of currency

A Certificate of Currency confirms that you have a current WorkSafe Insurance Policy. You may be required to provide this before entering a construction site or if you are providing contract services to other businesses.

A Certificate of Currency can be issued on request if you have a current policy with no outstanding premium.

This document is accessible from WorkSafe via the online application.