Features & Benefits
QBE Home Insurance policy covers the following defined events:
- lightning & thunderbolt
- vandalism and malicious damage
- water or other liquid
- falling tree, branch or aerial
- damage by animals
- storm, rain or flash flood.
Our Home insurance provides the following added benefits:
accidental glass breakage
burning out of electrical motors (fusion)
alternative accommodation costs if you can’t live in your home
$30 million legal liability if you cause injury or damage to another person or property
essential temporary repairs if you have to make a repair and can't contact us
building sum insured safeguard cover (cushions you up to 30% of your sum insured payable in the event of total loss)
building materials awaiting installation
modification to your building due to paraplegia or quadriplegia
optional Accidental Damage cover
optional fence and gate cover.
Our Home Contents insurance provides the following added benefits:
- new for old replacement on most items
- accidental glass breakage
- spoiled refrigerated food and medicines from power failure
- 14 days automatic cover at both sites when you are moving into a new permanent home
- contents in storage. Automatic for 3 months with option to extend
- veterinary expenses if your domestic dog or cat is injured due to a road accident, fire, lightning or earthquake
- loss of credit cards
- cost of replacing locks if your house keys are stolen
- optional Accidental Damage cover
- burning out of electrical motors (fusion)
- $30 million legal liability if you cause injury or damage to another person or property
- optional Domestic Workers Compensation.
A range of ways to save
With QBE, there are also a number of ways to enjoy substantial discounts on your insurance premium:
- joint building and contents discount
- security discounts
- household No Claim Bonus
- a choice of excess
- over 50's discount
- discount for retirees.
Helpful Questions and Answer on QBE Home insurance.