Claims - How to make a claim | QBE Insurance Australia
PrintIncrease text sizeDecrease text size


QBE Insurance claims

If you need to make an insurance claim you've probably already suffered a stressful experience. So we'll do our best to make sure that your claim is processed as swiftly and efficiently as possible to avoid further distress. And if immediate repairs are required, our nationwide team of local professionals will ensure that things are put right as quickly as possible.

Claims involving broken glass

Motor Vehicle
If you need to make a claim for broken glass on your car anywhere in Australia, go to  or call 1800 068 985.
If you need to make a claim for broken glass on your Residential or Commercial property (like windows or glass doors), call Express Glass on 1300 666 234 or O'Brien Glass on 1800 071 397.

Insured via a Broker Claims

  • For new and existing claims (business hours) please contact your insurance broker or closest QBE office.
  • After hours claims call us right away on our dedicated 24/7 helpline: 133 723.

Car, Home and/or Contents, Caravan, Boat, and Landlords Insurance Claims

CTP Green Slip Claims

Other products
Useful tips
  • Report incidents such as burglaries, theft, personal injuries and malicious damage to your local Police.
  • When you call 133 723 we can advise you on local recommended repairers and tow truck companies.
  • Following a burglary in your home or in your car, secure the premises or vehicle against weather and further damage or incident.
  • If you believe your vehicle or motorcycle will be damaged further by driving it after an incident, call for a tow truck.
Enquiring about an existing claim? Please have your Claim Number ready then ask to speak to a Claims Officer during office hours on: 133 723 If you have lodged your claim personally at your local branch then you can find out their phone number by calling 133 723 or checking our branch locations .

Goods & Services Tax (GST) Requirements

Before we can pay your claim, we’ll need to know whether or not you are registered for tax purposes. If you are registered for tax purposes we will also need your ABN Number and the amount of GST attaching to your insurance premium, expressed as a percentage, that you have claimed as an Input Tax Credit in your BAS statement.

How much will my excess be?

The excesses applicable on your policy are noted on your Certificate of Insurance. If you haven’t got your Certificate of Insurance handy, or if you have any unanswered questions, just ask our helpful Claims Department on 133 723.

Theft and burglary claims?

When making a claim on contents or valuables that are stolen, you will need to provide QBE with proof of ownership of the items. An invoice, operating manual, valuation, or a photograph of the item can be used.

Go to top